Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a wide range of clinics and healthcare services:
- Asthma Clinic: Run by a specialist nurse. Appointments made via reception.
- Diabetic Care: Will be held during normal surgery hours. Please make an appointment at reception with the doctor of your choice.
- Minor Surgery: This will be carried out by both doctors. Please make an appointment at reception.
- Adult Immunisation: To prevent the risk of Tetanus (lockjaw) or Polio boosters are required every 10 years from the age of 15.
- Treatment Room opening times 08:30 – 17:00
- Ear Syringing and Travel vaccines are strictly by appointment only.Special arrangements will be made for those who are receiving Chemotherapy treatment.
- Blood clinic opening times (Community Suite) 09-00 – 12:45 Mon-Fri Also Thurs and Fri 14:00 – 16:00. Please note the blood clinic is for those over 16year of age. Under this age please attend Treatment Room.
Contact the treatment room if your child needs blood taken and they will try and accommodate with an appointment.Anyone attending either of these rooms for the first time please collect a set of labels from reception.
Treatment Room telephone number is 91515254.
Smoking Cessation: The practice offers a smoking cessation service. For advice, education and support please make an appointment with your GP. Ypur local pharmacist will also provide smoking cessation advice free of charge.
Family Planning – Is provided at Bangor Hospital 91454186 on Monday 09:00 - 11:00 & 17:00 - 19:00, Tuesday 17:00 - 19:00 & Friday 09:00 - 11:30. Newtownards Community Hospital onTuesday 09:00 - 11:30. Holywood Health Centre on Thursday 14:00 - 16:00. No appointment necessary. Our GPs also provide family planning by appointment.
- Health Checks: For everyone over 16 this will involve - height, weight, urine testing, blood pressure & cholesterol checks and advice on smoking, alcohol, diet and exercise. If you have not seen a doctor in the past 3 years, please accept this as an invitation to make an appointment.
- Ante- Natal Care: Will be held during normal surgery hours. Please make an appointment at reception. For all women regular supervision is important from as soon after pregnancy is suspected. Patients intending to become pregnant should commence Folic Acid as soon as possible. Our midwife is also available for advice.
- Baby Clinic: Please note that during July & August 2018 Baby Clinic will be on a Tuesday between 11 - 11:30 in the Community Suite. This is important for all children born into the practice and is run by the doctors and health visitor. Vaccinations are performed. Routine assessments at other ages will be carried out by the Health Visitor.
- Speech Therapy, Social Worker & Special Examinations: All these services are based in the health centre, with GP referral required.
- Physiotherapy & Chiropody: Clinics are based at Bangor Hospital.
- Newly Pregnant patients - You can self refer yourself to the ulster hospital to get booked in for your first appointment click this link to see how https://setrust.hscni.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/self_referral_to_midwife_form_NEW_220716.pdf